|The Department of International Exchange and Cooperation at Xi’an University of Architecture and Technology, centralizes the management of the university’s foreign affairs by providing services in a supportive role, taking the entire responsibility for university’s foreign affairs. The Office of Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan Affairs have a specialized knowledge in handling academic exchanges and collaborative work with Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan.
Founded in July of 1981, it was formerly known as the Office of Foreign Affairs (High-level office) and was renamed the Department of Foreign Affairs in October, 1999. Following the merger of the university’s foreign affairs and cooperative works offices, it became known as the Department of International Exchange and Cooperation of XAUAT in April, 2006. The department is now composed of the Office of International Exchange (formerly Office of Foreign Affairs) and the Office of Foreign Experts and Students (formerly the Office of General Foreign Affairs).
The main duties of the department are specified as follows:
- to formulate regulations and rules for university’s foreign affairs and to compile and enact foreign affairs work plans of the university;
- to establish connections and develop cooperation with higher learning institutions of foreign countries, to research relevant academic organizations overseas;
- to take charge of affairs concerned with long-term and short-term experts and scholars coming from abroad;
- to coordinate affairs with regard to inviting internationally well-known scholars to be honorary professors and part-time professors for the university;
- to interview and hire foreign teachers as well as be in charge of assigning them duties and management of their work;
- to recruit and manage foreign students from abroad;
- to declare, implement and manage programs of training and advanced studies of various types;
- to help teachers and students of XAUAT with affairs in relation to visiting abroad, lecturing abroad, cooperative research, pursuing foreign universities’ degrees and attending international conferences；
- to help university’s staff with short or long-term ongoing abroad issues;
- to declare and to host international conferences, as well as to coordinate with departments involved with organizing the conference;
- to take the responsibility for academic exchange and cooperation between the university and universities of Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan and to complete other works assigned by departments of higher authority.