Home Chinese
About | Academics |  Admissions | Research | Faculty/Staff | International & Regional Exchange | Administration | Services
Alumni | Local Culture |  Personal Page
About

Brief Introduction

Welcome Message from the President

History

Logo

Map


History

XAUAT has a long history of more than 100 years, dating back to 1895, when Beiyang University was founded. Then the university was known as ‘Xi'an Construction Engineering Institute', combining the schools of civil engineering and architectural engineering departments of the Northwest Institute of Technology, Northeast Institute of Technology, Qingdao Institute of Technology and Suzhou Industrial and Technical School in 1956. Later, the name of the institute was changed to Xi'an Metallurgical Institute in 1959 and Xi'an Institute of Metallurgy and Construction Engineering in 1963. On the 8th of March 1994, the university was renamed ‘Xi'an University of Architecture and Technology' with official approval by the Ministry of Education.